I think common sense was wrong Wendy is a positive role model, she doesn't drink, smoke, do drugs, etc. Sure she and the other all use foul language but lets face you can't walk into a middle/high school without hearing "F*** You!!!", "You B****!!" And the most common "Fat***" And as long as your kids no they can't behave that way and use that language (which most kids know) then they're clear to watch this movie. This was actually the second least gory FD film.
Death Scenes!!! Read only if you want to prepare/prepare your kid(s)!!!
A girl has a vision of a roller coaster crash, most deaths are of off screen (characters falling off roller coaster screaming) on onscreen deaths in the vision are a boy getting slammed into a post and (you can only see this if your paying very close attention) spurts some blood from his back, another boy has trouble getting back into his seat after reversing the coaster and is bisected by a post, half his body is shown on the tracks (the fleshy part looks kinda like steak, point out to your kids that its probably made of steak.)
(Later in film)
1)Two girls enter tanning tubes, you sort of see their breasts from the side. The beds malfunction and the girls are burned to death (Not graphic at all you only see some slightly darkend skin but thats all ) If you have an issue with your kids seeing some skin have them cover their eyes or skip the scene (is you tan often this is a wise idea)
2) At a drive thu a large truck slams into another car, forcing the fan out, it chops a mans head (though no brains are shown for more that a few seconds) blood spatters everywhere Two others look to see who it is and when they look at his face the fan goes off again and chops the back of his head off (only shown for 4 seconds)
3) A boy is excersizing on a weight lifter and is almost decapitated by two decorative swords, but they miss him. Then two weights come loose and crush his head, brains (that look an awful lot like ground beef) spatter everywhere, but there is nothing seen but a meat explosion, you don't even see his head pop.
4) An accident in a warehouse causes a pole to fly through a bag of wood shavings and blinds a girl she trips backwards and falls onto a nail gun which shoots like 15 nails through her face (which is quite cartoonish but if you/your kid is squeamish about eyes then skips this scene) blood drips from her mouth.
5) (I don't understand this scene but ok) A startled horse causes a flag pole to fly out of a guys hand and it impales a girl through the stomach some blood spatters on the faces of 2 girls. The impaled girl tips over and the flag pole sinks into the ground(with girl still attached)
6) Fire works are shot and a cherry picker holding a large sign falls and crushes a boy, he is anialated, his upper body is fully intact and he is giving the main character the finger.(in my opinion the goriest scene)
7) A train crashes and a girl is some home sucked out lots of red is shown (but it isn't graphic) A boy is slammed against a window of the train and the window cracks and he is sucked out and splattered all over the wall (only red flashes the whole scene is filmed with strobe lights) A girls leg is caught on the train tracks (her leg is broken lots of dead bodies around her) she has blood on her face, a train comes toward her and she screams and realizes it was just a vision she says something to her friend and pulls the emergency brake its broken she knows its to late to save anyone. the screen goes white and there are screams heard.
over all this movie isnt so gory, kids 13 and up should be able to handle it.
What other families should know
Great role models
Too much violence
Too much sex
Too much swearing
Too much drinking/drugs/smoking